2017 Sandcastle Theme:
"Castles, Castles, Castles!"
A throwback to classic sandcastles
This year marks the 35th annual year of the Sandcastle Classic on Ocean Beach, the biggest sandcastle competition in Northern California.
Teams of architects, engineers, contractors, designers, corporations, and local elementary school students work together to build giant sand sculptures. The funds raised by teams and sponsors make it possible for Leap to continue to provide arts programs to Bay Area students.
- Thousands of people attend Leap’s annual Sandcastle Classic, which is free to the community.
- The event is covered by regional print and online media, and celebrity judges evaluate the final sand sculptures.
- More than 25 local schools and 300 donating companies and advertisers participate.
- In 2016, the top team raised over $49,696.
- This year, we’re accepting a maximum of 30 teams. Sign up early to reserve your spot!